Admittedly, it's all so much hearsay when it comes to either sides position. Allow us to present a quick guide to the issues affecting the negotiations, so that you may get up to speed on this issue.
29 days into the NBA lockout, here is what you need to know:
- After weeks of speculation, Kevin Kolb has been acquired by the Cardinals for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a second round draft pick. Kolb might not be the best fit behind Arizona's suspect offensive line, so view this move in the light of the Cardinals trying to appease Larry Fitzgerald, who is a free agent at the end of this season, and has yet to sign a contract extension.
- The New England Patriots took a big swing this week, acquiring malcontents Chad Ochocinco from the sinking ship that is the Bengals, and Albert Haynesworth from the career graveyard that is the Washington Redskins. While these moves seem controversial, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has a history of winning with other teams headaches.
- The running back carousel continues to turn. Reggie Bush is now in Miami, and Darren Sproles is now with Bush's old team, the Saints. Willis McGahee signed in Denver after being released by his old team, the Ravens, while another released running back, Tiki Barber, is trying to catch on with a new team.
- Plaxico Burris was recently released from prison, and reports are circulating he is in talks to return to the team he won a Super Bowl with, the New York Giants. The pending return of Plax is just the start of Giants coach Tom Coughlin's headaches, as word out of Giants training camp is that stud DE Osi Umenyiora has yet to report.
- The biggest impact free agent on the market, cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, has yet to decide which team will give him the biggest deal of the summer. Will it be the Jets, to team up with Darrelle Revis? Or perhaps he will sign with the Houston Texans, a team with a worst secondary than the BC Lions. Of course, the dark horse team in the Asomugha sweepstakes are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a good, young team that has over $20 million dollars in cap space.
Furthermore, I think